Monday, October 11, 2010

Stadium 7

So, some people know that my life's ambition is to see a game at every division 1 stadium. This makes Stadium 7. I got to see the BYU- San Diego State game while visiting my friend Megan, who is teaching at BYU this year. Can I just tell you how amazing it is to (1) be out of Lubbock, (2) see nature again, trees, mountains, and water (oh my), and (3) be at a game where the team I'm rooting for ACTUALLY wins. We decided to do the whole Homecoming experience though, and that included a few very special BYU-centric festivities:


Such as a pancake breakfast, featuring, you guessed it, BLUE chocolate chip pancakes. It appealed to my love of school spirit and obsession with pancakes.


 

There was also a parade that, save for one special cringe-inducing moment, was actually pretty fun. There were three different dancing groups: the ballroom dancing group, the folk dancers, and the (all white) hip hop club. These were the best outfits.


The game though was out of control. BYU started out strong, but then the Kim curse took full effect and they kinda napped for about 2 quarters. Once a Hokie, always a Hokie, but I never meant to inflict that kind of luck on another school. The stadium was freaking gorgeous though, which meant there was always something great to look at.


Megan & I decided to really commit and go all out for the game. And I don't mind telling you that we spent an inordinate amount of time looking at ribbon for the pig tails. But I think we pulled it off.

And I happily report that we left the game a little colder, but still smiling. Only 113 stadiums to go.







1 comment:

  1. I love it! I haven't been able to get the pictures to upload to my blog, so I am living vicariously through yours for now.

    ReplyDelete